Meaghan and I will be married for 17 years as of tomorrow so I was out reading a few of the DAEs from past anniversaries and found this one that I liked….
Today is Meaghan and I’s tenth anniversary.
Hard to believe that she has put up with me for the last ten years. In thinking about what to write today I figured that someone who can stay married to me for ten years has a few things to teach us about attitude.
So, in honor of our tenth anniversary, here are 10 things about Meaghan that might help us with our own attitudes.
1. Be creative. Meaghan loves to create things and gets joy from it.
2. Have a good sense of humor. She still makes me laugh (and even laughs at some of the things I say).
3. Put family first. As a stay at home mom, she does this every day.
4. Enjoy the small treats of life. Whether it be an ice cream cone with the kids or a special dinner made for someone’s birthday, learn to enjoy “the small stuff”.
5. Embrace God in your life.
6. Enjoy the outdoors. Nature is such a wonderful part of the world, enjoy it.
7. Grow something. She loves to work around the yard growing things.
8. Grow yourself. She is committed to reading, studying and doing other things to become a better mom, wife and person.
9. Be generous. Be generous with your time and your money.
10. Be humble. She will most likely have mixed feelings about this list, but that is just another great thing about Meaghan.
I could go on and on, but these are just a few that I thought I would share this morning.
Thank you for a great 10 years, Meaghan. Here’s to another 10.
I put Meaghan’s email address in the cc line for anyone that would like to send her some consolation of some kind for being stuck with me.
Make it a great day.